Gas turbine GE Frame 6FA at a CHP successfully retrofitted with a Franke-Filter Oil Mist Separator
The combined heat and power station (CHP) Hannover Linden is a natural-gas-fuelled power station with a maximum electric capacity of 255 MW and cogeneration of 185MW. The combined-cycle plant has two gas turbines and one steam turbine and is Hannover’s most efficient generation station.
The gas and steam turbines, supplied by Siemens, were already equipped with a Franke-Filter Oil Mist Separators as part of the standardisation between both companies, whereas the in 2010 commissioned GE gas turbine frame 6FA was equipped with a competitor’s unit. After expiration of the guarantee period the turbine operator of the company Enercity Hannover contacted Franke-Filter for a new Oil Mist Separator to replace the one at the GE Frame 6FA.
The vital factor at such a project is the exact dimensioning and suitable design of a separator. Being a specialized manufacture, Franke-Filter could provide a customized solution which could fit into the available space exactly.
Advantages of Oil Mist Separator
- Oil Mist is exhausted directly at bearings and filter in the filter vessel with an efficiency of >99,9%
- Filtered air can be directly exhausted into the turbine hall or atmosphere
- Lube oil can be led back into the lube oil tank without loss of additives
- Constant, minimum vacuum in the lube oil tank and bearings, which is easy to regulate
- Oil Mist Separator due to its individual design can be directly mounted to the already available connections
- Less maintenance work needed thanks to long maintenance intervals of 2-5 years
(Competing products on the Market have intervals of just ½ - 1 year)
- Personal contact person for possible consultations and for further maintenance